Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks for Dinner (GS #65)

I made this card for the Get Sketchy challenge this week, which was to find inspiration around your house and base a card off of it, and I also made it for my mom-in-law.  The thank you was for cooking a gluten-free early Thanksgiving dinner so I could eat it.  I found out I was gluten-intolerant earlier this year and she has made such an effort to help me out, so I wanted to send a special thank you for the extra effort she made for me on our early Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.

The inspiration around the house for the Get Sketchy challenge was our place settings, which are a red gingham placemat with a white dinner plate on it.  The patterned paper is from the new Modern Homemaker paper pad from October Afternoon.  The notecard and shimmer couture paper are from A Muse.  I used the Nestablities circle dies to make the plate and charger.  The silverware stamp is from A Muse and I embossed it with gold glitter embossing powder from American Crafts to resemble the "good silverware".  The sentiment stamp is my new What's Cooking cling set from Taylored Expressions.  This set is so adorable and I'm so excited to use the rest of it to make many more cards!  I thought it needed just a little something else so I added the pearls above the sentiment, which are from A Muse.  I hope my MIL likes it and so do you!  I hope all of you get to enjoy some time with your families tomorrow and this weekend.  I also hope you get to steal some time for yourself to create.  Happy Crafting!


notecard, cardstock, shimmer couture paper, rubber image stamp, pearls, dye ink: A Muse Artstamps
Modern Homemaker paper pad: October Afternoon
cling sentiment stamp: Taylored Expressions
Nestablilities large circles: Spellbinders
glittered embossing powder: American Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!